The Solent Fishing Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Forums > Boat Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out tomorrow? 04/05/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Cabin-boy
Cabin-boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billybammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out tomorrow? 04/05/2016
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 9:37pm
Hi all.

Anyone out tomorrow? Undecided to go for plaice or bream?? Thoughts?
MerryFisher 610 Owner 2015

My life is now complete
rag & stick View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rag & stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:11pm
Love you guys, why not go for anything. Two rods out with different baits or am I missing something really important??
Salar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:19am
Originally posted by rag & stick rag & stick wrote:

Love you guys, why not go for anything. Two rods out with different baits or am I missing something really important??

Yes, you can fish two rods at once but you can't be in two places at once. Plaice like mussel beds, bream like rocks. Solution - go to a plaice mark in the morning and a bream mark in the afternoon!! Luckily the rods/reel setup will be similar for both species.
Harley 25 "Rebel Runner"
web site www.boat-angling.co.uk
Ahab View Drop Down
SFG Club Member
SFG Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:47am
to be honest mate you can only   fish 1 rod   properly its all about   attention to detail feeling for bites and generaly   paying attention to ya rod   if you must   chuck a second out   at anchor   use an uptider   as it uses the grip lead to set the hook you will catch more if you concentrate more and you will get less tangles
Billybammy View Drop Down
Cabin-boy
Cabin-boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billybammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:41pm
Well back in now, went from 08:30 - 12:30 first for the plaice , not a sniff. Then changed rigs and hit haylin bay and just a garfish and tiny bass. Very slow day but nice to be out.
MerryFisher 610 Owner 2015

My life is now complete
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rag & stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 9:35pm
Cheers guys, still learning!!
The reason I made the comment about two rods is that my regular fishing mate uses two rods to my one and he always out fishes me. We regularly catch many different species at one anchorage. We always fish west solent which is gravel sand and broken shell as marked on the chart. The flood always produces better than the ebb. 
Ahab View Drop Down
SFG Club Member
SFG Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:36am
get an uptider mate   as I said you chuck and leave it   all the work is done with the grip lead
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rag & stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:02am
Thanks for the advice AHAB, will try that next time. I use to uptide from a strikeliner with my son but can't remember why I stopped using the method. 
Raymond View Drop Down
SFG Club Member
SFG Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:33am
We quite regularly fish more than one rod, I agree the one you hold will usually fish better, but sometimes its nice to have a couple out and chill. Skillpot fishes 6 rods when he's out with Ekyone (im serious)
Raymond View Drop Down
SFG Club Member
SFG Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 9:35am
would like to add that this should only be done if there is a bit of tide, as soon as it goes slack, stick with 1 rod or it will be tangle city
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic