The Solent Fishing Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Forums > Boat Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flounder Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skipper
Skipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inflatable man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flounder Fishing
    Posted: 21 February 2015 at 9:56pm
Help,,,,,    Took my lad out fishing today up the top of the Hamble, Was fishing for Flounders, 7 rods out - spoons - float fishing -ledgering -allsorts.
Not one bite !!!!!!!.
When i was he's age (9) i use to fish back of Tipner fireing range and had loads of flounders and plaice....
What is going on ??????
billy the fish View Drop Down
SFG Club Member
SFG Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy the fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 11:21pm
 had a day out at poole harbour hamworthy end had a try for a few, had a lot of crabs and tried a bit of trolling but no joy was a bit coloured for the rapalas and tbh a bit late for the main run of flounders new year was really the end of the best time, but am sure there still the odd one about, slipper limpet is a great bait for them you can float fish with a spoon set about 8ft and trot it back will get over the crab prob, was a bit nippy out but great to get out, dibden and cracknore always used to show a few as well as the western shore, but seems to have been very slow the last few years dont know if many peeps bother now for them.  
if you have to measure it, its too small!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic